Some great things have been happening throughout Big Canoe lately. Updated facilities, improving infrastructure, and a first rate clubhouse experience to name a few.
These are the beginnings of what will become a steady program of tangible, continual improvement using your input from the comprehensive Voice of the Community (VOC) survey and of Strategic and Long Range Planning as envisioned by fellow property owners.
And it now has a name:
“Renew Big Canoe”
For 50 years, Big Canoe, the most unique community in Georgia, was created and maintained by great visionaries.
Today we have new visionaries. The committed stewards of the woods, waters, and wonders of Big Canoe and its legacy. Those visionaries are you! Our Residents and Property Owners!
You spoke and said you wanted a safe, excellent residential community. One that is updated and well maintained, enhancing our lifestyles with improved facilities and upgraded amenities. All while preserving our unique, natural setting. And that you wanted these enhancements sooner, rather than many years into in the future.
Your leadership listened.
Now we are ready.
Renew Big Canoe - Preserve+Enhance+Prosper
Big Canoe will preserve:
Big Canoe will enhance:
Big Canoe will prosper:
Renew Big Canoe is a journey. We now have a roadmap with some major milestones over the next 1-3 years:
- Renovation of the Clubhouse to increase outdoor dining opportunities, improve staff efficiencies, add event space, make a far more appealing and larger bar area, generally modernize the look and feel of the interior spaces and more
- A new Postal Facility adjoining the Package Porch with safer parking, increased mailbox capacity, added efficiencies and one-stop convenience for Postal and Package pickups
- Planned rejuvenation of the Choctaw 9 Golf Course, repairing eroded underground pipes, an outdated irrigation system and improving overall drainage leading to superior turf health and greater long-term sustainability
- Since being decimated in the December freeze event, the Chimneys Building is restored as the POA Administrative Offices, creating more synergy for staff, a more pleasant and efficient workspace, and helping to attract and retain exceptional employees
- A renovation of the Canoe Lodge, fully dedicating this historical building to the community as a meeting and gathering space for our residents
- The beginnings of a Forest Management program to help preserve our natural surroundings and the diversity of wildlife
- Studies to address the Wellness Center, Swim Club, Marina parking, and all of the other infrastructure within the community
Please browse the website to find out exciting details of this generational opportunity.
Feel free to reach out to us and let us know your thoughts!
Copyright © 2023 Big Canoe POA - All Rights Reserved.